Load Securement Plans & Heavy Haul Engineering
Transportation can be your highest risk operations especially when moving high value cargo. Make sure you have the right assurances in place to protect your cargo. We can assist in the following ways:
- Load Securement Drawings
- 3rd Party Review of Load Securement Plans
- Calculations to support your securement plan
- Structural Analysis of connection points
- Design and Fabrication of Transport Frames/Beams
- Technical Incident Investigation
Loads can be transported via ship, barge, truck/trailer, or self-propelled modular transporters (SPMTs). Load Securement Plans will identify the expected forces, the overall dimensions, and the required securements for the journey. Why do you need a Load Securement plan?
- Securing Oversized and Heavy Cargo
- Securing Odd shaped loads with high center of gravity
- Preventing the loss of very expensive cargo
- FMCSA has securement requirements that you must comply with
- It’s the right thing to do
Let us take the burden off your project delivery by being your one-stop from concept to final product. Working hand-in-hand with our trusted fabricators, we routinely provide fabricated deliverables to our clients. This involves review of material test reports, NDE reports, quality control inspections and submitting data books as required.
There are many areas where engineering support can make processes more efficient in both cost and time. Cost can be saved by efficiently sizing material and utilizing existing stocks on hand. Time is typically saved through standard fitting aid designs that eliminate the doubt and allow the craft to utilize a standard templates. Utilizing our engineering oversight through fabrication will also result in safer operations for your personnel and protection of your assets.
Because our experience is very balanced between engineering and construction, we are very well positioned to support your construction efforts beyond the design phase.
- Fabrication Aid Sketches can be produced with short turnaround to assist in the fabrication process. The sketch can include a material sizing and specification or a weld detail that is required to resist an expected load during fabrication. These sketches are not issued as a formal drawing, but just as guidance for a supervisor to assist in his execution process. An example can be a wall thickness or material grade for a temporary support during fabrication when the supervisor is not comfortable sizing himself.
- Fabrication Schedules: We offer project engineering services to ensure timely and efficient delivery of your products. We can develop standard field schedules in either Excel or MS Project that we can maintain or hand-off to your supervision to manage
- Constructability Reviews are integral with lifting and hoisting as the sequence of fabrication can be driven by the ability to move or flip partially fabricated components to allow for better access for welding. We can support in the early planning phases to assist in feasibility checks to determine if temporary structural aids are required to support the construction sequence. General Engineering Support covers any other fabrication support that requires analysis or calculations to make your operations more efficient and safer.
- All documentation involved with fabrication is reviewed to ensure compliance and is compiled for record keeping: Material traceability reports, weld procedures, weld NDE reports, pull testing, post pull test NDE, paint records, etc..