LIFTING & HOISTING
Monorails, Jibs, Bridge Cranes
Designing new cranes and reverse engineering existing cranes is our bread and butter. Do you have an overhead crane lacking documentation, rated capacity or require upgraded capacity? We can reverse engineer and determine a rated capacity including a PE stamped drawing to document the crane.
Are you relocating an existing crane? No problem, we can engineer a concrete footer detail for your construction project. No matter if it is new, used or broken we can engineer a solution when it comes to your lifting and hoisting needs.
Do you need something below the hook that you can’t find off-the-shelf? We design BTH lifting aids for any type of lift. Whether its a one-off fixed spreader bar or a sheaved lift frame for a logging grapple, we can design it. Is there something somebody said can’t be done below the hook? Give us a chance to tell you otherwise.
Critical Lift Planning
As Lifting & Hoisting specialists, we believe in a structured process to ensure predictable outcomes in Lifting & Hoisting Operations. For Critical Lifts, let us develop a Lift Plan for you. Critical Lift Plans should include all necessary engineering to support a lifting operation. Depending on the criticality and complexity of the lift, the package may include some or all of the items below:
- Crane Layout Drawings
- Crane Capacity Charts
- Rigging Arrangement Drawings
- Crane Clash Checks
- Ground Bearing Pressure Calculations
Pull testing is required by ASME for all new lifting devices or when modifying an existing lifting device or changing the Rated Capacity. Let us perform turn-key pull testing of your lifting device. Typical turn around for pick up and return is 48-hours including post pull weld NDE.
Performing periodic inspection of rigging is required to ensure a safe working environment and to comply with OSHA’s sling standards. We offer qualified rigging inspectors to visually inspect, tag and document your rigging onsite or offsite depending on your needs.
Structural Inspection Reports
Our experienced field engineers are capable of onsite visual inspections of structural equipment of any kind. While our focus is on overhead cranes and BTH lifting devices, we can provide structural condition reports for any steel structure that needs to be studied.
Load Securement Plans & Heavy Haul Engineering
Transportation can be your highest risk operations especially when moving high value cargo. Make sure you have the right assurances in place to protect your cargo. We can assist in the following ways:
- Load Securement Drawings
- 3rd Party Review of Load Securement Plans
- Calculations to support your securement plan
- Structural Analysis of connection points
- Design and Fabrication of Transport Frames/Beams
- Technical Incident Investigation
Loads can be transported via ship, barge, truck/trailer, or self-propelled modular transporters (SPMTs). Load Securement Plans will identify the expected forces, the overall dimensions, and the required securements for the journey. Why do you need a Load Securement plan?
- Securing Oversized and Heavy Cargo
- Securing Odd shaped loads with high center of gravity
- Preventing the loss of very expensive cargo
- FMCSA has securement requirements that you must comply with
- It’s the right thing to do
Let us take the burden off your project delivery by being your one-stop from concept to final product. Working hand-in-hand with our trusted fabricators, we routinely provide fabricated deliverables to our clients. This involves review of material test reports, NDE reports, quality control inspections and submitting data books as required.
There are many areas where engineering support can make processes more efficient in both cost and time. Cost can be saved by efficiently sizing material and utilizing existing stocks on hand. Time is typically saved through standard fitting aid designs that eliminate the doubt and allow the craft to utilize a standard templates. Utilizing our engineering oversight through fabrication will also result in safer operations for your personnel and protection of your assets.
Because our experience is very balanced between engineering and construction, we are very well positioned to support your construction efforts beyond the design phase.
- Fabrication Aid Sketches can be produced with short turnaround to assist in the fabrication process. The sketch can include a material sizing and specification or a weld detail that is required to resist an expected load during fabrication. These sketches are not issued as a formal drawing, but just as guidance for a supervisor to assist in his execution process. An example can be a wall thickness or material grade for a temporary support during fabrication when the supervisor is not comfortable sizing himself.
- Fabrication Schedules: We offer project engineering services to ensure timely and efficient delivery of your products. We can develop standard field schedules in either Excel or MS Project that we can maintain or hand-off to your supervision to manage
- Constructability Reviews are integral with lifting and hoisting as the sequence of fabrication can be driven by the ability to move or flip partially fabricated components to allow for better access for welding. We can support in the early planning phases to assist in feasibility checks to determine if temporary structural aids are required to support the construction sequence. General Engineering Support covers any other fabrication support that requires analysis or calculations to make your operations more efficient and safer.
- All documentation involved with fabrication is reviewed to ensure compliance and is compiled for record keeping: Material traceability reports, weld procedures, weld NDE reports, pull testing, post pull test NDE, paint records, etc..